Monday, July 23, 2007

Cat Blanket City!!

basket rib (2 color)
garter stitch
seed stitch w/stockinette stitch inset
diagonal garter stitch
bramble stitch


I have come to the realization that when I have a large gap in posts it is because I am procrastinating on posting pictures. As you can see, I have been working on cat blankets in different stitches. Amazingly, I am coming to the end of my spare Red Heart. I may have to start using full skeins as I have thoroughly enjoyed spending time for those cute little kitties to have something to lie on. (BTW, the Canyon County animal shelter is looking for foster parents for kittens. If you are interested, their number is 455-5920.) Fairly soon I am going to be moving on to one of the following projects: back to the cocoon shrug, a cardigan for myself (I love how the Brits call them cardies!) or the massive Christmas run. Last year most of my relatives received hats or scarves. This year I am thinking of moving to socks, however an article I read on Knitty mentioned that thousands of stitches go into socks and I have been somewhat daunted since. Well, we shall see. I'm sure I'll take a stab at it eventually. Hopefully I will be good and post pictures of my last few cat blankets right away before I move on to the next project. Until then.

No comments: