Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The Next Beanie, 9/20/08


So after I finished the Ugly Beanie, I had a family friend ask me to make her a pink/black beanie. I, of course, started calling it the Raspberry Beret, but did not sing the song. (If you don't know who sings this, shame on you.) I totally scored at Joann's one night and found the yarn of my dreams that I had been searching for for years. I first found it at Wal-Mart, but they discontinued it. I found a couple skeins in with another yarn that was marked $5.99 so I snagged them and took them up to the counter. When I asked the sales rep for a price check, she told me they were $1.00 each.
*angels singing* My friend walked back with me and we pulled every single skein from the shelf and I went home with three garbage bags full of Redheart Symphony. It is 100% acryclic but designed to be a mohair style yarn. So soft! The Raspberry Beret is made with the Ugly Beanie pattern and is composed of Red Heart Symphony (which has been discontinued by Red Heart) in Lt. Rose and Red Heart Super Saver in Black.

No comments: