Monday, November 9, 2009

Designing

Okay, so the weekly thing is not working out, but I am on again at least within the next month. Whew! Progress.
I am still working with the Caron Bamboo/Acrylic yarn, but on the last bit of the project. I am currently using a ripple pattern, and it has turned out just as beautifully as the star stitch and the bramble stitch. Excellent.
I have also started using a transparency to graph out designs (on knitter's graph paper, which is different than regular graph paper) to incorporate into a project, intarsia-style. Note to all readers, DO NOT use dry erase markers on transparencies. It does not come off! After a long hunt, I finally found Vis-a-vis markers (which I did not know are also called wet erase markers, eureka!) at Fred Meyer. I tell you, that store has everything. So I mapped out my first project, but have not been able to work in it with the yarn b/c my elusive needle has disappeared yet again. I suspect the cats. They have stolen it twice already, argh! I think I am just going to have to purchase a back up, although finding one will be the challenge. I may have to forgo the Clover and suck it up for an Addi.
I also found a delightful cabled wrist warmer pattern on a super sized skein of Caron's So Soft that knits up quite quickly. The Evil Empire has them: a 7 0z. skein for $5. Awesome! One caveat: they don't have the color (plum wine) that is depicted in the picture on the label. Still a fun project though. Until next time.

No comments: