Monday, January 21, 2013

Prayer Shawls

For the last week I have been working on two prayer shawls that I am trying to finish by the end of the month. Both are being knit up on Size 13 needles with two strands of Caron's Simply Soft. The one in Forest Floor is for the survivors of the Sandy Hook tragedy (a project I am working on through my church, St. Mark's) and the other is in Celestial and is a birthday present. They are knitting up quite fast, which is a relief with such a tight deadline. The official prayer shawl pattern is at www.shawlministry.net, but I finagled it because of the double stranding. I cast on 39 stitches and am knitting the k3, p3 pattern. I also finished a large prayer shawl last night in Lion Brand's Homespun in Edwardian. I still need to sew in the ends and the satin shawl tag. I will try to remember to take a picture before I turn it in next weekend. :)

No comments: