Monday, May 21, 2007

5/21/07


So you can see, getting started isn't always the hardest part of things! I got this blog started and have busily been working away on projects without knowing how to add my pics to this thing! I think I got it now, so prepare to be updated at least weekly, ideally semi-weekly.
The first pic is of a grocery sack holder I knitted. (If anyone has a better term than 'grocery sack holder'-boy is that a mouthful!-feel free to chime in.) How did this project come about, you may ask? Well, this is what happens when you have skads of the same acrylic (Red Heart-everyone's favorite!) yarn and one skein of a somewhat nifty novelty yarn that you bought on a whim and have no idea what to do with. The acrylic can be used to make cat blankets for the Humane Society, but I'm sure those precious cats are just as sick of this blue yarn as I am. Also, I don't know about everyone else, but I despise the grocery store and only go as often as I have to. As a result, I have a fair amount of plastic sacks that just get tossed up on top of the old refrigerator until they pile over the edge and start dropping on your head when all you want is some milk for your cereal! Augh! (I'm sure I'm not the only one to have experienced this.) So, I thought, why not create something lovely with some spare bits of yarn to contain the unorganized mess on top of my fridge. Ta-da!
The second picture is a pair of fingerless gloves I knitted and crocheted from a book I got at the library called, what else? Knitting Loves Crochet. They are knitted from microfiber yarn that, while wonderfully soft, snags like no other. You will be cursing it just as I did, I promise you. It makes finishing a pain as well.
I also finished the lovely pink ribbon top that I redesigned from the horrid 80's decade it came from last night, but will be posting it later this week. Next up is another ribbon yarn from Keep me in Stitches in McCall. I will be knitting up a bustier on size 19 Addies. They are huge! (And they cost more than the bleeping yarn did!) Until then....

1 comment:

Tami said...

Hi Lise,
Tami Brannan (Olsen) from high school. Anyway, it is so cool that you knit too! I just learned a few years ago and love it :) I love the cute little bag holder that you made.
Have a wonderful day!
Tami