Sunday, May 27, 2007

My Hula-hoop pt. 2

So I finished up the remodel of the hula-hoop last night, and it was still a little too big. More importantly, it is still way too short! One of our guests asked if it was a swim suit. Ack! So I think I am going to change my project and make it into a shawl/stole. I'll have to look for a good lace pattern for that though, so in the meantime, I am starting my copycat shawl. A coworker commissioned me to make a new shawl in a 'non-itchy' yarn that is a copy of a shawl she has from the 50's. The original is a mint green acrylic with a matellic thread through it. I am using Caron's So Soft in Autumn Red to replace it. http://shopcaron.com/shop/cart.php?target=product&product_id=121 (For those of you familiar with Color Me Beautiful, my friend is a Winter.) I believe it is going to be knit up on 6's, but I need to test the gauge first to make sure (see yesterday's post for the reason gauge is important in knitting.) Until then....

No comments: