Thursday, June 21, 2007

Cocoon Shrug

I have been talking about making a wrap/shawl for my co-worker, but I found out tonight from a clothing magazine that the real name for this old-fashioned item I'm making is a cocoon shrug. It is like a shrug except for the back drapes down to waist/hip level instead of cutting across at bra length. I have not worked on it since last week at knitting club as I have been a busy little beaver on my cross-stitch, but I will get there. I haven't taken a knitting break for a long time (I go in phases with my projects) so I am not feeling too guilty about working on other things, except for the fact that I majorly splurged on new yarn just before my break. Now when I go back to knitting full time (or at least full spare time *smile*) it won't feel like I've gotten anything new or that my stash is big enough (is it ever?) and I will want to go out and buy yet more yarn. *sigh* It is the curse of every serious knitter. Until then....

No comments: