Thursday, June 7, 2007

Ribbon top fiasco

Hello my lovely knitters! As you all know, I have been taking a break from knitting since last week's debaucle, but I am heading down to the club tonight to see if I can't get back into the swing of things.
In my down time (ha!), I have been working on a cross stitch that I started a couple of years ago. To make a long story short, unless you like bars A LOT, do not go to Denver on vacation in March b/c you will end up working on crafts in your hotel room all night b/c there is nothing else to do past 4pm. (At the time we went knitting needles and scissors were not allowed on the plane.) So every once in a while, I pull out the old cross stitch and plug away at it for a bit.
My second news-worthy item is that I wore my Mikado ribbon top that I redesigned this week! The bad news is that it feels a little short and the shoulders do not stay up (which was a problem since I was wearing it to work with a bra underneath instead of a tanktop/cami, not to mention we had a surprise visit from a higher up. Not even paperclips would hold that baby up!) So instead of a romantic, flirty top I am reliving Flashdance. I got tons of compliments on it though so now I am debating keeping what was supposed to be officewear as loungewear or yet again ripping out that SOB and cinching it up a bit. Comments would be welcome.
Until next time....

No comments: