Thursday, December 3, 2009

Birthday Post 2.0

Here is the other gift I made for last week. It is the drop stitch scarf from Vogue Knitting made with Caron's Simply Soft. I have also made this scarf with a mohair yarn and it turned out equally well. I may make some more of these. They knit up very quickly and I think they work well for both genders. It is rare for me to use the same pattern more than once (except for my beanies) so it is really saying something that I already have two down and am not sick of it yet.
Over the Thanksgiving weekend, my Stephanie Pearl-McPhee calendar had one of the "You Know You Knit Too Much When...." quotes that continued on as something like"there are only 25 days left of Christmas and instead of this fact striking fear into your heart, you cast on two more sweaters and three more scarves because you know you have time to finish them." That is so me. When I realized a few of the presents I had planned were not going to work out, I added five new projects to complete in addition to the two I had left for December. I now have a total of six projects to finish (and 3 that need adjusting or finishing up.) I can do it!
The annual Christmas card session is commencing this evening so I will be occupied for a while, but we did a bunch of prep work last night so hopefully it will be quick and I can get back to my knitting!

No comments: