Saturday, December 19, 2009

A Unicorn hat, aka "the devil hat".



This is the unicorn hat I made for my niece who is really into My Little Ponies right now. It didn't turn out exactly like I wanted, but it was one of the longest projects I had. And let me just say for the record how much I hate fringe. If you have received a knitted gift from me, it most likely did not have fringe. I once heard that, "Fringe is a waste of yarn." Although I am inclined to agree, I more hate it b/c it is so difficult to work with (hello fun fur) and time consuming. Anyway, I hope she likes it.
The other project I finished this week was a drop stitch scarf in copper mohair. It is not the softest yarn ever, but it is so beautiful to look at!
The picture really does not do it justice. It has a shiny luster to it that does not come across on film that well. Six more days till Christmas!

No comments: