Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Ship Pillow

So this is a pillow I started in July 2009 and did the finishing work on last night. It is a present for the bookshop I go to, http://www.rediscoveredbookshop.com/. Mike helped me download their logo and convert to knitter's graph paper. The edges were really blurry so I had to make it up a bit as I went along, but it turned out really well. (This was the first project I did where I used a picture and converted it to a graph. Now I use the transparencies and Vis-a-vis markers-so much easier!)
You may recall the 1st pillow I did for them was in the same color motif. It matches the couch in the bookclub area (navy w/yellow pinstripes.)
The book we read for December is called Rosemary and
Rue by Seanan McGuire. It was excellent! I read it in three days (that may be a record.) It's an urban fantasy
where a half-blood fairy tries to straddle the human
world and the fairy world while solving crimes for both
sides. It is a quick read and I highly recommend it. (It must be good b/c I didn't knit for three days during the crunch time that is Christmas run!)



No comments: